Brent Weight Management Schemes & Services
Physical Activity My Heart Beats for Brent
B.Active Leisure Discount Card at Willesden, Bridge Park and Vale Farm Sports Centres
- Get reduced prices at Brent’s Sports Centres with the B.Active Scheme. For a small one-off payment, they give regular users 25% off. Senior citizens (60+), people with a disability and people on income support get 40% off normal prices for many activities.
Exercise Referral Scheme
- Participants work with fully qualified instructors who develop a safe and fun exercise programme to suit your conditions and individual needs. Activities include gym based exercise, gentle group exercise classes and a variety of different activities including badminton.
- To join the scheme, patients need to have support from their GP or a healthcare professional, and they will need to complete a referral form. The exercise referral team will then contact them to arrange an appointment. They will be entitled to a discounted membership of £20 per month or the pay as you go rate of £2.90 per gym session or the exercise referral class.
Our Parks (0800 111 4464)
- Free exercise classes across Brent London Parks including: Yoga, Abs Workout, Circuit, Bootcamps, Run Classes. All outdoor fitness sessions are for women and men. Book Online. Some locations include Gladstone Park, King Edward VII Park Wembley, One Tree Hill Recreation Ground, Queens Park, Roe Green Park.
- Gladstone parkrun is a FREE weekly 5km event for runners of all standards, which takes place every Saturday at 9:00am at Gladstone Park, Kendal Road, London, NW10 1JH. Open to everyone, free, and are safe and easy to take part in.
Healthy Living Brent
- Healthy Living is something we should all be concerned about. From eating healthy foods, preventing health issues such as diabetes and smoking and staying fit through exercise and mental wellbeing, we all need to take care of our health. The link below provides the programmes and campaigns that are available to promote and encourage a healthy lifestyle.
Disability Sports Coach
- Club Brent is a 2 hour multi-sports session covering a host of sports that can be adapted to all abilities based at Willesden Sports Centre, Donnington Road, London, NW10 3QX. Popular sports include Basketball, Cricket and Boccia. All disabilities and impairments are welcome. Price £4.
Vale Farm Sports Centre (020 8908 6545)
- Offers supervised gym sessions for young people and adults with a disability including wheelchair users. Come along to the target population gym on the ground floor of the centre between 1pm to 3pm on Mondays and Fridays. Carers are also welcome.
- Funded by Sport England and offers disabled people free gym instructor training and an industry work placement. The aim of the scheme, created by Aspire, the spinal injury charity and delivered in partnership with YMCAfit, is to support disabled people into a fitness career where they can encourage other disabled people to access leisure facilities and enjoy and active lifestyle.
Bluejeans Online Programme – Supporting Overweight Children (5-11 years) and their Families make Lifestyle Choices
- The Brent Health 4 Life Team, Central London Community Healthcare NHS trust deliver a series of virtual healthy lifestyle programmes to groups of children and their parents/carers to make long term, sustainable lifestyle changes to lose (or maintain) weight and consequently improve their physical and mental wellbeing. The team works alongside the school nursing service and consists of a Registered Nutritionist, a Community Nurse and a Healthy Weight Practitioner.
- This free online programme is delivered by a data protected virtual platform called Bluejeans.